Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Again with the Memes: 20 Actresses

Ah, the holidays. A time of low traffic and low posting, but also the end of the month and thus a time for my frentic last minute updating. Fortunately, I can just catch the tail end of a meme that went through the film blogosphere recently (starting with the Film Experience Blog and most recently at Film & Discussion). In short, list your 20 favorite actresses in no particular order. I've listed these more or less as I thought of them, and in the order that I was able to upload the images. With them, I'm posting the roles for which I know them best.

I did this in a bit of a hurry, and many fine actresses no doubt slipped my mind. My apologies to everyone who was overlooked.


Julia Sawalha- Absolutely Fabulous, Chicken Run, In The Bleak Midwinter


Meryl Streep- The French Lieutenant's Woman, A Prairie Home Companion


Emma Thompson- Much Ado About Nothing, Treasure Planet, The Tall Guy


Gaylen Ross- Dawn of the Dead (1978)


Virginia Madsen- A Prairie Home Companion, Sideways, Dune


Uma Thurman- Kill Bill, The Avengers, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen


Susan Sarandon- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Dead Man Walking


Tracey Ullman- Small Time Crooks


Rachel Weisz- The Mummy, The Constant Gardner


Jane Leeves- Frasier


Helen Mirren- The Queen, Age of Consent


Brigitte Helm- Metropolis


Tami Stronach- The Neverending Story


Joan Cusack- Grosse Pointe Blank, Addams Family Values, Toys


Charlotte Rampling- Orca, Swimming Pool


Cate Blanchett- The Aviator, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Life Aquatic


Amy Adams- Enchanted


Jennifer Connelly- Labyrinth, Requiem for a Dream


Jessica Harper- Shock Treatment, Phantom of the Paradise, Suspiria


Madeline Kahn- Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Clue

I'm sure I'll think of some more, but that's the list as it stands right now. Feel free to join in.

No comments: