Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why Frasierquest?


Good question. Granted, it would help if you knew what Frasierquest was, but we'll get to that. Suffice it to say, part of the answer is, I've been meaning to start this since August, it's almost October, content is sparse, and the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. I've got another writing project going, but that's more a sprint. This will be an irregular project, because everything here is.

What is Frasierquest? It is, basically, my personal look at all 263 episodes of FRASIER, a solid contender for the title of greatest sitcom ever made. I goddamn love this show. I catch the reruns that air on Lifetime almost nightly, and so know way more than I should about Yaz. So I will go through each episode one by one, reviewing them in the way I tackle other works, with the exception of there being no letter grades. I love each and every episode, and I can't stand to rank them in any kind of objective scale. It'd get in the way of proper analysis.

Why Frasierquest? Because while this show was consistently popular, well-reviewed, and award winning, while it is still watched and loved today, there's definitely room for more in-depth appreciation. People write books on the philosophy of BUFFY or the cultural zeitgeist defined by FRIENDS, so why not? I'm probably not the first blogger to do this, but it seems like it'll be fun.

Who and where kind of answer themselves (look at the URL), and "How" is just obvious, so When? Well, it'll be periodic. Before this time next week I should have gotten a start. (I meant to build up to this, hence the enigmatic poster, but I ran out of ideas for other images.) There's other stuff I need to handle in the real world, but isn't there always? In the meantime, the Club will continue its regular program of new releases, home video obscurities, radio plays, Youtube clips, and the occasional book I've read. Also, Mr. Piccolini and His Trained Capybaras will be taking your drink orders, and valet service will resume as soon as Zoe Bell's license is reinstated.

Goodnight, and good mental health.

1 comment:

TALKING MOVIEzzz said...

Sounds like fun!

I just saw Kelsey on Letterman this morning and was thinking about the show. I watched it off and on during its NBC run, but became a bigger fan in syndication.

It was one of the better sitcoms of the past couple decades. And David Hyde Pierce will always be one of my favorite actors.