Monday, February 28, 2011

Opening Credits Sequence Theatre, Snubbed by the Oscars edition: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

It's that time again! This month I've decided to focus on a film that, despite being lost in the shuffle of awards and critics' lists, was one of the more entertaining, energetic, and spirited of last year, and is pretty much a lock for my "Opening Credits Sequence of the Year" award when I finally do my Top 10.



The sound is a little off, but that may be how it's supposed to sound. (Sex Bob-omb are not actually that good.) One nice touch: all the actors' backgrounds have little visual references to their characters, including a pair of knives for Ellen Wong (as Knives Chau) and black censor bars for the oft-censored Aubrey Plaza. It's a very frenetic sequence which sets the pace for the movie as a whole, and the low-fi charm is endearing.

I am going to have to find a way to make Youtube windows fit my blog layout.

No comments: