This past week I've been at the National Audio Theater Festivals' 2011 Workshop, and tonight is performance night! Coming to you live from West Plains, Missouri, we bring you around 2 hours of original audio drama and comedy, featuring:
- "Knocking on Heaven's Door", a stirring drama by comics legend J. M. DeMatteis, based on a script for a revived Twilight Zone which went unproduced when it went away again;
- "The Son of West Branch, America's Great Humanitarian" by Dr. William Wayne Anderson, a historic recreation of vintage election propaganda for Herbert Hoover;
- "Junk in the Trunk", a raucous comedy from this year's Freshman Class;
- "TransMars Tango", an original science fiction adventure by comic writer Elaine Lee (of Stardust fame);
- Music led by Dwight Frizzell, of the Kansas City Art Institute and KKFI's From Ark to Microchip;
- Performances by The Firesign Theater's Philip Proctor, Audiobook star Robin Miles, Richard Fish, and yes, even yours truly.
Listen and enjoy!