Saturday, April 23, 2011

Club Parnassus' Fifth Anniversary


Welcome, one and all, to the blog's five year anniversary! Yes, on this day in 2006 I made my very first post, unsure of what I'd do with this place or whether I'd even spend much time on it.

Oh, to be innocent again. Keeping this place updated in the midst of creative writing and job searching hasn't always been easy, but it's worth the trouble to have a place to speak one's mind. I like to think of the Club (and I'm sentimental enough to picture it as a place instead an online journal) as a celebration of my various pop culture loves. I started with movies, then television, music, comics, books, audio theater, RPGs, live theater, pro wrestling, and of course, the eternal beauty of Julia Sawalha.

There's a lot I'd like to do still. Frasierquest continues rolling on. I've been thinking of starting a second blog solely to post some of my prose and creative work, but I need to figure out the best way to present that kind of content in blog form.

I'm gonna put this here because I'd still like people to see it if they haven't already, and I'd especially like some Youtube feedback. More machinima is on the horizon, but the next one will be a more complex undertaking, with voice actors and sound effects and the like.



New Doctor Who is on tonight, and I plan in the coming week to put up something as a tribute to the dear, recently departed Lis Sladen, taken from everyone far too soon.

And to send you all out with something inspirational, just remember that no matter what anyone tries to tell you, no matter how overwhelming the consensus is, no matter how you much you are made to feel you are objectively wrong, the 1998 Avengers is awesome.

No comments: